MINDFULNESS FOR POSITIVE SELF COACHING COURSE WITH IRENE
(3 week course)
FND Hope UK is part of the first and only global patient-led charity for people with Functional Neurological Disorder (FND). We are delighted to collaborate with Irene Roura Garcia, to offer a 3 week online Mindfulness for Positive Self-Coaching Course. Irene has worked as a nurse at the Rosa Burden Centre for the last 5 years and in the last couple of years she has been collaborating with FND charities offering mindfulness courses to people with FND. She also offers one-on-one hypnotherapy and coaching sessions to people with FND and their families.
We hope you enjoy the course, and look forward to receiving your feedback to discuss future courses.
I am delighted to be running these mindfulness courses for FND Hope UK.
These are 3 week mindfulness courses for positive self-coaching, designed specially for people with FND.
The sessions would take place on the dates shared on the registration form.
The duration of each session would be 1.5h. Please choose the dates that are more convenient for you using the registration form.
During this course you will learn/refresh some basic concepts and techniques about mindfulness and CBT, combining theory and practical exercises. A time just for you, where you will join other people within the FND Hope UK community to learn and explore how to use our mind and body for our own benefit. During these sessions there will also be icebreakers and time for discussion.
Specially designed for people experiencing FND, this course aims to give you information about mindfulness and other practices in a practical way so you can apply it into your day to day life. This course will allow you to learn about your mind and body, to learn techniques to help you manage your symptoms, to experience the benefits of relaxing your mind and body and to meet new people within the FND Hope UK community.
There is limited availability with only 10 tickets available, so it’s a “first come, first served” situation. The first 10 individuals who register for the event using the provided registration form will secure their spot. For those who didn’t make it into the first 10, I’ll personally notify them and provide the option to either register for another available date or be added to the waiting list.
(Also, if none of the dates suggested up till October are good for you, please send me an email so I can add you to the waiting list for the next one. Email: email@example.com)
Please note that registration is limited to one course per person. Also, as mentioned, the course involves three sessions. We ask that you only book your ticket if you think you are able to attend all of the sessions.
Once you have booked your ticket you will receive an email with the zoom link and a document for you to read before the first session (allow a couple of days for this to happen).
If you book your ticket and your availability changes, let me know as soon as possible by sending me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so I can make your ticket available for someone else to join. Please clarify, on this email, the dates of the event you registered for.
Thank you so much.
I really look forward to starting this journey with you.
Irene Roura Garcia.
Things to consider:
– Please register, using the registration form to confirm you are coming.
– If you can’t make it please let me know as soon as you can so I can make the space available for someone else.
– The slides used during the sessions will be shared with those who attend the sessions.
– The creation of a Whatsapp Peer Support Group would be offered at the start of the course for those who would like to be part of.
– Have a bottle of water and a notebook to hand in case you need it.
– You would be asked to put your phones in silence during the session and to be in a quiet place where you feel comfortable and safe.
– A document would be sent to you when you sign up for the event. Please download and read this document. You are expected to understand and agree with the information displayed in this document before attending the session.
– Let me know if you have any queries: email@example.com